The Southern Olympic Land Tour
Average Distance: 8 KM
Estimated time: 2 hrs
In this tour you will have the chance to be involved in the University environment. Built over lava stone terrains in the south of Mexico City the University City is the Central Campus of the Universidad National Autónoma de México (UNAM), it is a city of universities of diverse professions. Named World Cultural Heritage by the UNESCO, the University City is not only the students home, it is open to the public. You will admire a wide variety of cultural places like museums, libraries, sculpture areas, theaters and concert halls, and even a botanical garden, and the famous National Olympic Stadium where the Olympic games as well as two Football World Cups took place and where, by the way, lots of happy runners cross the finish line of the Mexico City Marathon every year.
Tourists spots on the route
- Olympic Stadium
- Las Islas
- Central Library
- University Siqueiros and O'Gorman Murals
- MUAC Museum
- Botanical Garden
- Check the weather forecast to choose clothing that you will feel comfortable in.
- We will be running on the streets, so bring the appropriate shoes for that surface.
- Carry only what you need.
- If you like to take pictures bring your mobile phone or camera to capture some of the day.
- Don't forget your sunglasses and wear sunscreen.
- We will provide a small water bottle to every guest, but if you think you may need it, please bring extra liquids.